...our life is but a vapor...
Here are some of the breaths and musings from one wisp of vapor.
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
Calling all Irish rhinos!
She trips me out. My 2 yr old just said 'rhinoceros' in Irish. Sronbheannach. She just walked up to me this morning and head butted me and told me "Sronbheannach!" I was awed once again. I can never believe the stuff she comes out with.
That is so funny! How on earth do you pronouce that word? My kids were all yelling ayuda me (sp?) in the pool. I thought they had made up a word, until my husband came out to swim and asked them where they learned it from. He speaks spanish and obviously knew what they were saying (help me in spanish--good thing they were just yelling that word for fun!).
2 comments:
That is so funny! How on earth do you pronouce that word? My kids were all yelling ayuda me (sp?) in the pool. I thought they had made up a word, until my husband came out to swim and asked them where they learned it from. He speaks spanish and obviously knew what they were saying (help me in spanish--good thing they were just yelling that word for fun!).
it is pronounced:
srone (like stone)
van-nuch
(ch being the hocky phlegm noise like in german ich)
srone' van nuch
mmm... isn't THAT exciting.
Post a Comment