Yesterday that is. It turned out to be better than expected, which is always refreshing, no?
The main point of turnaround was that at the last second, Chris switched his days off and ended up staying home with me all day! Weehoo! A treat. SOO much better than sitting around with no Bear (one of his nicknames) and pouting.
Then there was another thing that made it a delight:
the cake.
oh my dear gracious the cake....
*sigh* how can I do it justice with words? I can't. It was a beautiful thing. They bought it for me at a nice price from a local bakery, and wow... a layer of chocolate cake, topped by rich chocolate frosty mousse stuff, then an inch thick home made real whipped cream layer, and the whole thing was covered in a mocha glaze with white chocolate shavings to decorate and delight. Chocolate is my friend. It was rich enough to get lost in its glory, and the notion of the existance of a malignant presence of something called "sugar" does not enter one's mind at all... but not so rich that you are going, "ok... ugh.. that was a bit much, I think my teeth are itching. I think I'll be sick if I finish my piece."
It was nothing like that. I had no problem finishing my rather large piece, and didn't even feel overloaded afterwards. See? All the pleasure and no pain... Here's to you, Cake, and your Baker.
Chris gave me a gift certificate to the Health Food store (haha) to get myself some all-natural, paraben and metal free makeup - yeah! Shawn and his new wife (my new sister-in-law as of Dec 23) Denise gave me a coupon for one night of babysitting- rock on! and 3 pomegranates that I love. Francis and Mary gave me money for a haircut I got this morning and a bag of assorted fresh fruit. Yumola! Very fun. And we got to eat supper with Francis and Mary so that I didn't have to cook. What's better than all that? I dunno.
Here's a cool quote I'll leave with you in the place of any further foolishness from me.
"Most men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most pick themselves up and continue as if nothing happened." Winston Churchill
4 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
I am so glad to hear you had a WONDERFUL day! You deserve it! Wishing you all the best!
I don't know if you'll check anytime soon, so check out my blog for a special b-day present for you!
Happy Birthday Jen!
Things have been a little crazy here. Glad you got your cake and ate it too@
~martha
Happy Birthday! My heartiest wishes for blessings and grace to knock your socks off!
Chris
Post a Comment