Wednesday, April 15, 2009

You are what you eat. part 1

Well, I hope you haven't all turned to alcohol and drugs to fill the void my lack of blogging has created.

I have been thinking- not necessarily coming to any great conclusions about life, but definitely trying to work through stuff. It seems like there is a lot to work through.

But alas, my inner philosopher is stuck inside a dishwasher, laundress, cook, butcher, baker, bum-washer.

Here is one of my currents, totally undefended, potentially controversial, and definitely debatable.

I blame Disney for a lot of corruption in our young children. What? you may say.
Disney? What's more benign and clean-cut than Disney?
It's called wolf in sheep's clothing.
Even though their clothing is as spotless, white and fluffy as it comes, I wish I had never introduced almost any of them to our household.

Of course Disney doesn't have the monopoly. They are but one outlet that corrupt Mankind uses to administer his own greed and manipulation.

I am amazed at the influence on young minds that all viewing has- movies, tv cartoons, computer games, you name it. Almost all of Anna's games and playing are acting out movie/cartoon plots, using their characters, reiterating their scripts. The content of all these things are written on her imagination and psyche. The choices and paths that those characters choose, she imitates. They set an example for her, whether I/we like it or not. She follows those examples naturally.

That's huge.

There is so much I want to change in my life, and in my home. I'm working on it, but we have a long way to go yet.
Lord, help me. Help us.

1 comment:

Koningskind said...

Wow, you write down my thoughts of the last weeks on this topic.
We decided to turn off the tv until school is done for this year. It is working. My children now play more, are nicer to each other and us as their parents, become more creative and sleep better.
It's worth the battle because they still 'just want to watch that movie'. ;-)