Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday, Going to Church

Anna looked at all the traffic as we drove to church Sunday morning and said,
''Wow! Are all these people going to church?''
I wish, Sweety. I'm pretty sure they're not.

Here's where I'm at, as sung by Rita Springer.

Listen to it as well if you like by clicking on the song title.

I am not here just to see a phenomenon.
I am not here for experiential bliss.
I simply come to the feet of the God I serve,
The One that I love

I am not here for the sake of the people's praise.
I have not come to see the thunder and rain.
I simply come into courts of the King above
The One that I praise

I want to find the way to His chambers
I want to be in the presence of the Lord
I am in need of his mercy and favor
Forever more

I am not here for the sake of a miracle.
I am not here just to see the dead raised.
Yes, I believe in power supernatural
That's how I am saved

I've had enough of this life of a Pharisee!
I want to know this Jesus who's been loving me -
I'm running into the temple just to see the one that I love

I want to find the way to His chambers;
I want to be in the presence of the Lord!
I am in need of his mercy and favor, Forever more

I give my heart to the one they call Jesus
Seeking out first the very kingdom of God;
You are the Way and the Truth I believe it
You are my phenomenon

You can move mountains whenever You want to
You can speak to the sea whenever it pleases You

Forgive me, o Lord, if I have been a market place-
Turn me upside down so I will seek Your face
And if Your presence comes into this place
So will the thunder and rain!

You are my phenomenon.
You are mine and I am Yours.

May I be all Yours, God, all Yours...

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hi Jennifer,
I'm glad to know you. You're right-I'm American, the only one in Yvonne's immediate family. I'm living down here in NC, married to Yvonne's big brother, Paul. The vanilla recipe is so simple: Go to the liquor store and get the biggest bottle of vodka or bourbon that you can find (approx. 1/2 gallon). Bourbon gives a different flavor and it's also already dark so it makes people think the vanilla changed it to that dark color. Vodka vanilla will be lighter. Cut 3 vanilla beans (you can buy them online or in healthfood stores)into about 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces. Drop them in the liquor and screw on the top. Shake the bottle one to two times a day. In 2 weeks you'll be able to use it, but for store quality intensity, it will be ready in 3 months. Presto...tons of vanilla for a fraction of the price!